Low Income Families (LIF)
OverviewThe Low Income Families program is established for parents and children who meet Family Independence (FI) financial eligibility criteria, but who do not receive a cash payment. A family with little or no income could be eligible for Medicaid under this group as long as the parent is not under a work sanction and the family meets eligibility criteria.
- Have countable net income at or below the appropriate needs standard for the family's size, currently $961 monthly for a family of four (4).
- Have resources at or below $30,000 per Budget Group.
- Have a dependent child living in the home.
- State residency
- Social security number
- Specified degree of relationship
- Assign rights to and cooperate in seeking medical support
Individuals who are eligible will receive all Medicaid covered services.
Coverage for this group is effective September 1, 1998
County Health Departments, federally qualified rural health centers, most hospitals and the county Department of Social Services. Applications for Medicaid may be filed in person or by mail.